Public Capital Markets
Our public capital markets team has the experience, domain expertise and relationships to advise micro-cap, small-cap, and mid-cap public companies in the private placement of structured equity and debt securities (PIPEs).
Even with the resurgence of retail public offerings in recent years, PIPEs remain the overriding choice of equity financings for public companies that meet fundamental, financial, and trading liquidity parameters. PIPE transactions provide more rapid access to capital and greater control and discretion in the process of issuing equity. Confidentiality, combined with lower expenses and reduced management time away from day-to-day operations highlight the many reasons PIPEs have become the preferred means of securing capital.
Success calls for a financial advisor with well-established relationships with capital providers – our investor base is actively seeking direct investment opportunities with growth-oriented companies demonstrating a strong business plan, high quality management, and clear revenue momentum.
Our public capital markets team offers the following expertise:
- We have advised on and transacted over 30 placements since 2003, totaling approximately $325 million in capital raised for companies with market caps below $250 million
- Relationships with active global investors including hedge funds, crossover funds, private equity and late stage venture capital firms, and accredited individual investors
- Custom-tailored placements with the right investors, structured to meet a company’s financial needs including growth capital, acquisition financing, and recapitalizations
- Reverse merger advisory and investment banking support to private companies with strong operating histories and growth potential to become publicly listed companies in the U.S.
- Multifaceted advisory support before and after the funding effort to help management build shareholder value, including assistance with legal, accounting, market making, investor relations, and research coverage
- Global presence in China, the U.K. and Europe focused on assisting overseas companies to access U.S. public capital markets