Public Capital Markets
Our public capital markets team has the experience, domain expertise and relationships that set us apart from other advisors.
We are a leading advisor to micro-cap, small-cap and mid-cap public companies in the private placement of structured debt and equity securities (PIPEs).
With traditional retail public offerings severely curtailed in recent years, PIPEs have become the overriding choice of equity financing for public companies. PIPE transactions provide more rapid access to capital and greater control and discretion in the process of issuing equity. Confidentiality, combined with lower expenses, and reduced management time away from day-to-day operations highlight the many reasons PIPEs have become the preferred means of securing capital.
We also assists private companies with strong operating histories and growth potential to become publicly listed companies in the U.S. via reverse merger transactions.
A reverse merger results in a public market for a company’s stock, which facilitates capital raising, diversification of investors to include institutional and retail investors, and trading liquidity.
Success calls for a financial advisor with well-established relationships with capital providers – we meet this criteria and our investor base is actively seeking direct investment opportunities with growth-oriented companies demonstrating a strong business plan, high quality management, and clear revenue momentum.
Our public capital markets team offers the following expertise:
- Among the most active PIPE advisors having closed over 30 placements since 2003 totaling approximately $325 million in capital raised for growth companies with market caps below $500 million
- Extensive relationships with reputable and active global investors including hedge funds, crossover funds, private equity and late stage venture capital firms, and accredited individual investors
- Deep domain expertise in the PIPE and reverse merger investment market, ensuring a custom-tailored placement with the right investors, structured to meet a company’s financing needs including growth capital, acquisition financing, and recapitalizations
- Multifaceted advisory support before and after the funding effort to help management build shareholder value, including assistance with legal, accounting, public shells, market making, investor relations, and research coverage
- Global presence in China, the U.K. and Europe focused on assisting overseas companies to access U.S. public capital markets